Un rosbif lost in Paris with his RS600!

More
14 years 4 months ago #99905 by AndyH
Salut!

I have moved to Paris and I am thinking to bring over from the UK my RS600. Does anyone have any suggestions for sailing clubs that I could try that are a few hours from Paris?

J'essayerai écrire un petit peu francais(!):
Je cherche un club de voile pour mon RS600! J'habite a Paris et je voudrais faire de la voile mon RS600 :)

Merci!!

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #99907 by Fréd
Hi Andy and welcome aboard this forum!
François M. should reply shortly to your post as he's not a Rosbif but he's lost in Paris too, with his RS700. Not really lost as he usually sails in Moisson-Lavacourt (about 1 hour from Paris) during the weekend.
Maikol should also convince you to catch the train with him and Boris to get to La Baule (3 hours from Paris) where they sail their 29er in a brilliant club where the actual 29er World Champions (last week!) practice too.
Hope to see you soon on the Breizhskiff trophy regattas! ;)

Fréd
Le nouveau Croc' est arrivé, vraiment heureux de retrouver tout le monde sur l'eau !

More
14 years 4 months ago #99915 by maikol
Like he said!

Moisson-Lavacourt is the largest lake around Paris (maybe 0.8 miles long and 0.4 miles wide), it has pretty shifty winds, and the club is not very active. So i'd say that if you plan to sail every now and then, it's probably a good choice. You also need a car to go there (it's at about 1 hour from Paris, on the west side)

If you want to sail a lot (say at least 2-3 week ends per month), or if you hate shifty winds (but as you're british i'm sure you don't! ;D ) you'd probably better put your boat a bit further, at the sea.

As Fréd wrote, we go to the CNBPP (La Baule) as many week ends as we can to sail the 29er. It takes 3 hours of train to go there from Paris, and we then move to the club with old bikes that we let there.

The club is well equiped, you can actually sleep there (15€/night IIRC), it is more of a real "big" club, with a high activity level (the sailing school produces some of the best sailors in the country)

Actually there's also a RS700, and a RS800, a few 49ers and a nice fleet of 29ers (from 6 to 10 boats) over there.

Feel free to call me @ +33 683 028 492 if you wish, and welcome here!
Maikol

www.wanaboat.fr
Dériveur occasion, Catamaran occasion, Quillard occasion.
www.wanaboat.co.uk
Dinghy for sale, Dinghy adverts.

More
14 years 4 months ago #99923 by benoitf
Hi Andy !
If you have a car,
and if your are on the good side of Paris,
perhaps you could sail in Normandy (Camenbert, and historical Beaches of last War),
you could find good wind, and another Rs600 (my old one), at Langrune/mer !!! thumbsup;

Andy... Dis-moi oui...

Rs100 "R-Reste-en-Rade ou "Air Espagnol" (noms temporaires),PaperJet "Bees Cut" 43, (exit Rs700 "Rotula Cut" 797, RS600 "Medusa Cut" 748, Buzz "Inès" 448)

More
14 years 4 months ago #99943 by Thierry
BenoitF écrit:

Andy... Dis-moi oui...

;D ;D ;D thumbsup;

Lyman N°55055 - 1958
Guépard N°114 - 2012
Site Web: www.tgmp-architectes.fr

More
14 years 4 months ago #100031 by François M.
Hello Andy,

Almost everything has already been told.
I'm afraid you won't find any place with as much sailors as you can find in UK.
In my opinion, the only place to sail a skiff near Paris is Moisson but it's not the only place where skiffs are sailed. Moisson is the only big enough place around Paris, that's all.
The club is not very activ, but it's atmosphere is quite friendly and there are often some 5o5 on the water. One can sail on his own every day but club accomodations are only available on weekends. People spend two days camping there then there is always someone available.
During winter a training session is held every two weeks (when not frozen).
I have a 1 hour trip to go to Moisson but, Sunday evening return can last much longer hence a train trip to seaside can be a good option.

Si vous voulez aller sur leau sans risque de chavirer. Nachetez pas un bateau, achetez une île. [Marcel PAGNOL]

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #100032 by benoitf
François M. écrit:

I have a 1 hour trip to go to Moisson but, Sunday evening return can last much longer hence a train trip to seaside can be a good option.

I think that is the reason why "Rs Fleet" is much more important in Lyon than in Paris !
We haven't that problem, if we stay at Lyon for sailing, in summer...
At the contrary, in Summer, it's more difficult if we want to go sailing at the Mediterranean See !

so... "YES WE GONE !" ! francais; (pas mal, celle-là, j'espère ne pas me la faire piquer par des footeux...) angry5;

Ca y est, les copains, Copyright !
Je débaptise "Algus Cut", et au nom du père, du fils, et du beaujolais, je te rebaptise!

"YES WE GONE !" :D

Rs100 "R-Reste-en-Rade ou "Air Espagnol" (noms temporaires),PaperJet "Bees Cut" 43, (exit Rs700 "Rotula Cut" 797, RS600 "Medusa Cut" 748, Buzz "Inès" 448)
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by benoitf.

• Butler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 4 months ago #100034 by Butler
Replied by Butler on topic Re:Un rosbif lost in Paris with his RS600!
GONE with the wind ?
:-X

More
14 years 4 months ago #100035 by AndyH
Thanks all for your help and advice. I hope to bring my car over as this will allow me to take my boat where I like. I would like to sail as much as possible!

I will have a think and will come up with a plan .....

Any further advice will be much apreciated

Merci!

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #100044 by benoitf
Butler écrit:

GONE with the wind ?
:-X

"YES WE GONE WITH THE WIND" thumbsup;

Hope that the hull will be long enough !!!

(Much more long than Medusa Cut, which now sails in Normandy !

Attachments:

More
14 years 4 months ago #100052 by Adrian
I add my own point of view that is you should join us in Normandy, as Benoit said above.

I used to sail my 600 (735) at Luc sur Mer (the town next to Langrune where there is another 600), she is broken for the moment but I hope she will be repaired in february...

Luc Yacht Club is very active on the week-end, you won't feel alone. It is near Ouistreham.

To sum up: 2 RS600s waiting for a new friend at "only" 2h30 driving from Paris.

Ex RS600/B14
Aujourd'hui en Classic Yawl de 45 pieds

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #100055 by benoitf
Adrian, are you still here ? Nice to hear you !

So, 3 Rs600 in Normandy, that should be a good beginning !

Mathieu's boat "Medusa Cut" at Langrune/mer is #748...
Which number do you have ?

Attachments:

More
14 years 4 months ago #100095 by Adrian
BenoitF écrit:

Adrian, are you still here ? Nice to hear you !

Actually I'm often wandering through these pages but since my tragic (and especially stupid) accident with the RS600 I feel "empty". No more fantastic stories to tell you as soon as I come back from one of my wonderful sessions. I miss my almost daily planing cure. I'm now waiting for the day when my boat will be ready to face strong conditions again. I was supposed to take part to some events this year but I'm not even sure that my RS600 will be repaired.

Amazing to write in English on this website but why not afterall. I suppose this is a consequence of the fact that Frenchies are now 29er world champions. Thus French skiffers have to be understood in the whole world...

So Andy, have you chosen where you'll sail?

See some pics from Luc sur Mer here: www.lyc.asso.fr

Ex RS600/B14

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #100096 by Adrian
I have other pictures from last year. I took it when I was coaching the Buzz section. It gives an outook of the kind of boats you might see in our area (nothing spetacular but there is almost always someone on the water).
picasaweb.google.fr/AdrianBoivin

Ex RS600/B14
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Adrian.

More
14 years 4 months ago #100097 by flebas
Il est si abimé que ça ton bateau ?

More
14 years 4 months ago #100098 by Adrian
La coque est fendue à l'arrière du puits de dérive sur près de 40cm. Il prenait un peu l'eau avant, maintenant je pourrais rester 4min22 en mer avant de sombrer...
J'attends patiemment que le chantier me le prenne en charge mais c'est long. Je suis censé le récupérer pour le mois de mars.

Ex RS600/B14

More
14 years 4 months ago #100099 by benoitf
La galère... :_(
Je connais un très bon chirurgien, mais bon... ;embarassed;

Ca fait drôlement loin, le mois de mars!
Et guetter les PA en GB, qu'en penses-tu ?

More
14 years 4 months ago #100101 by Adrian
Je guette les petites annonces sur apollo duck ou boats and outboards pour investir dans un second bateau (double), donc je garde le RS600 pour avoir un budget convenable pour ce futur bateau.

Ex RS600/B14

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #100102 by benoitf
As-tu envisagé l'achat d'un laser 4000 ?
... Avec possibilité de le transférer à Luc/mer,
mon ami Laurent passe me voir en février,
et c'est un service que je peux lui demander !

N'hésite pas à discuter avec David, il est très sympa!
Et, je peux te dire que ce bateau est en super-état !
(ça te changera de Archéo-Iso ! ;) )

More
14 years 4 months ago #100103 by flebas
Ça ne devrait pas être trop compliqué à réparer.
Fais le réparer par un chantier qui maitrise le sandwich sur de petits bateaux.