Dériveur Rocket

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #195517 by gilles29
Dériveur Rocket was created by gilles29
Nouveau dériveur fabriqué par le réalisateur de l'UFO
J'espère qu'on aura l'occasion de le voir en France en 2021

www.fulcrumspeedworks.com/UFO/rocket/

Website linked above. This has been a great project for Fulcrum. We've had a record-breaking year for UFO sales, but heck man we're a for profit company and I want to pay off my mortgage and buy trinkets for my wife. How do you compliment the UFO line? Not with another foiler, we've already got a great foiler. Nope! With a great floater! The Rocket is our 2021 model year take on the great American Board Boat, of which countless different models have been made by countless companies over the years. It's a favorite for a reason.

Things you'll find familiar:
-Unthreatening pricing. $4600 with the sail and dolly. Built in Bristol RI ('merica!)
-Unthreatening usability and stability
-That massively simple lateen rig that's up and running in seconds
-Flip down rudder and easily dropped daggerboard for rapidly moving in and out of shallow water.

Things you'll find to be different:
-It's stupidly strong and about 40% lighter than you'd expect. We used really good materials and build techniques).
-HUGE full-length cockpit for your friends and stuff
-Daggerboard trunk designed to survive grounding without cutting your boat in half.
-Deck layout that you can row from. Oarlocks and oars are seperate.
-Whacky-high level of performance, due to the reduction in weight and a couple subtle acts of care here and there. Planes upwind very consistently and shreds off the wind. I have had a stupid grin stuck to my face by this thing that didn't come off for an hour afterwards.

I would say we have decently hit our mark in creating a boat that serves the more traditional part of the market. Don't ask me if there is fleet racing. You already have all the fleet racing you need. This is an excellent toy!

UFO N° 95 - RS AERO 1918
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by gilles29.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #195519 by GHOSTRIDER
Replied by GHOSTRIDER on topic Dériveur Rocket
Salut Gilles, c'est une idée pour le père noël ?

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #195523 by gilles29
Replied by gilles29 on topic Dériveur Rocket

GHOSTRIDER wrote: Salut Gilles, c'est une idée pour le père noël ?

Salut Gwendal
Non, l'UFO qui est un bateau génial me suffit pour le solo. J'aimerais bien pour le compléter un double (reste à convaincre madame), ce serait sans doute un RS500...
Simplement, je trouve sympa le concept du Rocket, qui rappelle certains gréements traditionnels

UFO N° 95 - RS AERO 1918
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by gilles29.

More
3 years 4 months ago #195524 by LarDon
Replied by LarDon on topic Dériveur Rocket
Ça ressemble très fort à un sunfish allégé, avec cockpit qui va jusqu'à l'arrière.

RS800-RS200-Wing
Auparavant, MPS-29er-L4K-RS600-RS500-RS400!

More
3 years 4 months ago #195525 by gilles29
Replied by gilles29 on topic Dériveur Rocket

LarDon wrote: Ça ressemble très fort à un sunfish allégé, avec cockpit qui va jusqu'à l'arrière.

Oui c'est tout à fait ça
un Sunfish "easy sailing" en quelque sorte

UFO N° 95 - RS AERO 1918